Sunday, September 16, 2007

#2 on my bug list

I work at Dicks Sporting Goods in Whitemarsh b/c my friend worked there over the summer. I work in the apparel area so I pretty much unpack boxes of clothes, put out and and process clothes, fold and refold clothes, and clean up the pads where clothes are deal with returns and the fitting rooms for hours on end. On Saturday I was unpacking boxes of $10 shorts and each pair was in its own plastic and I just thought what a waste of plastic. The shorts are cheap and they do not need special packaging to keep them safe. The packaging for the shorts as well as many other products Dicks gets in is not designed well because they are wasting plastic and that is why this is my #2 on my bug list.

1 comment:

amandak said...

I agree with you. I used to work at a clothing store and you do go through an tremendous amount of plastic. Everything is individually wrapped. I used to get so frustrated having to open every single one. I know how you feel...