Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My first post.

So here it goes, my first posting for this class. I promise that my blogs will not be about all of my personal problems. First of all I don't have that many of those and I don't want to waste everyone's time with the ones I do have, I am just going to write about and sometimes rant about items that relate to our class.

So I want to do the first project on the parking situation at Towson. I paid $230 for a parking permit this year so to me thats means that when I come to Towson no matter the time it should be easy for me to find a spot, I don't mind driving around for ten minutes or so, but that isn't true. Today I got to school at 11 for my 12:30 class. I have so much to do that getting to school when I paid a lot of money to be able to park just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't really know what I want to do for the project though. I know that most people at Towson hate the parking so I know that people will be on my side. I was thinking of posting some kind of signs in the parking garages but I don't know what I would put on them. I could also write a letter to the ediotor of the Towerlight and see if it makes it into the paper. I really need to think about what I want to do.

The parking situation at Towson will also be my #1 on my buglist. The parking garages are not designed well, they don't have enough spots for students. They are also very tight so my car gets hit a lot.

3 comments:

Liz Steiner said...

Are any parking garages designed well? Personally, I park at the stadium, because that works for me, but I understand how it might not work for everyone. I feel like there should be a shuttle bus maybe from the staduim to elsewhere on campus.

shakesengland@yahoo.com said...

Well... the parking is horrible sure I agree the stadium is good parking if u come at like 8:00 but students that have a 12:30 class its stupid for them to have to come 3 hours before there class to get a spot. A change needs to happen. First limit the number of students allowed into Towson. I heard that the Freshman class this year were the biggest class Towson has ever had. I think that students that live on campus who do not have a job should not be allowed to park on campus. Maybe there should be a garage built down the street for students that live on campus to park so that us Commuters could have a space.

Liz Steiner said...

Towson probably has to up its enrollment a certain percentage every year to get funding. More students equals more money. I think it would be rediculous to put caps on enrollment. I feel like it would lead to stagnation. The only schools that I can think of that have stringent caps on enrollment are the Ivy League schools, and face it, Towson is not Ivy League. Nor will it ever be in our life time.